Monday, May 23, 2011

People are dying for an education

The United States Supreme Court ordered California to release tens of thousands of criminals into the general population in response to prison over-crowding.
Meanwhile, the court took no action on another California case in which a conservative group is challenging the state's policy of granting in-state tuition at its colleges and universities to students who are illegal immigrants and have graduated from its high schools.

So we don't have money to keep criminals incarcerated, but we do have funds to educate the foreign-born children of illegal immigrants who broke into this country? Are we insane?

I absolutely loathe those on the Court and in our government who pander to criminal constituencies, even as they place me and my family in greater danger. My heart cries out "God damn them! May they eat the bitter fruit of their own foolishness!" But my mind knows better. God would have me pray for them. And for the criminals.

In fact, education...and releasing non-violent offenders from prison...are both good things, in my opinion. We shouldn't have many prisons...or prisoners. And I'm all for people getting educated. Even illegal immigrants.

I just don't think either institution should be supported on the public dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment