Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Sunday

I spent my Easter driving my (younger) children to the LDS Church and dropping them off at the curb because (like a non-Mormon visiting the temple), I'm not allowed by the LDS Church to step foot on LDS property ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. There my children joined their mother and older siblings (without me). I made the 14-mile round trip, then received word from them that my oldest son refused to go inside because he didn't have the right SOCKS.

That's right. Jesus hung on the cross STARK NAKED and walked out of the tomb BAREFOOT on Easter morn. But my son didn't have the right SOCKS so he wouldn't go to church. (He likes to wear NIKE socks.) His mother asked me to bring him A PAIR OF SOCKS. Would I make the 14-mile drive again?

I found only ONE Nike sock at home. So I left it there and drove to church with ANOTHER pair (one of my own, which I no longer wear since I don't don the church's "uniform" anymore).

When I got to church, I found my son RIDING HIS BIKE, jumping the curbs of the church parking lot, wearing shorts and a ratty, "casual" shirt (like he was visiting a skate park!) -- not the "Easter Sunday" clothes I expected him to be wearing. "I don't like to go to church," he said. He REJECTED the socks I offered him. (Admittedly, they were "dress" socks. He was wearing one black "Nike" sock on one foot and NO SOCK on the other! This was "acceptable" to him!)

I drove all the way home AGAIN -- rather than attend church (as I wanted to) with my family.

"Church" had been turned into a "fashion show". A "wrestle" over socks, rather than worship of God.

I took the sacrament at home alone -- and choked on the words "WE ask thee...." (Who are "we"?) "...to the SOULS of all those...." (I'm the only "soul" here!) "...that THEY may eat...." (Who's "they"?) "...that THEY are willing to take upon themselves...." (I'm all alone here!)

Clearly the sacrament was MEANT to be taken in company with others.

I am aware of a "friend" who lives EVERY DAY alone. He dwells in filth. His house is a cesspool. His hygiene (or lack thereof) is so vile that NO ONE wants to get within 20 feet of him. (He stinks!)

Do I treat him like this? Yes, I do. I "banish" him from my life. I do not succor him -- as these "Mormons" banish and do not succor me. My "judgment" is just. It is being done unto me even as I am doing unto him. The only way I can rid myself of my stain is do unto him as I would have done unto me!

I don't WANT to be his friend! He is filthy, feces covered, and vile in every way!

But so am I, apparently (to some).

No comments:

Post a Comment