Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Sunday

My wife reported her dismay this morning after attending the LDS Church in our (my former) ward, where my daughters played the piano and sang in Sacrament Meeting while my wife joined them in the choir. (My wife has been asked to sing in another ward later today. She has the voice of an angel.) It broke her heart to see my 11-year-old son -- as righteous a boy as I have ever known -- sit by himself in a pew, without his father. (The younger children are with me at home.)

People spoke of the "joy" of being gathered together with "friends and family" at Church, in celebration of Christ.

We won't be doing this much longer.




3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah. Don't tell me - social concerns.

      [Kronk sotto:] Riiiight.

      Delete
  2. Take the child up on the stand with you, anyone who doesn't like it should take it up with the Bishop…that is, if singing in the choir is that important to you then social pressure be damned.
    JRU

    ReplyDelete