Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Mark 13:9

A friend of mine, Daryl Brown (I don't recall if we've ever met) wrote something today (which I've quoted below) that resonated with me. Evidently Daryl has shared my sorrows and has borne my grief. His words are my words. I wanted to share them with you.

***

If you go to church to follow prophets who don't prophecy...
If you go to church to follow seers who don't see...
If you go to church to follow revelators who don't reveal...
If you go to church to follow translators who don't translate...
If you go to church to follow testators who don't testify of their own one-on-one experience with the resurrected Lord...
You might be attending church for the wrong reasons.

If you go to church to follow the Lord who Leads...
If you go to church to worship God...
If you go to church to fellowship with other believers...
If you go to church to bear one another's burdens that they may be light...
If you go to church to mourn with those that mourn...
If you go to church to confess your sins and confess the Lord is God...
You are attending church for the right reasons.

I can tell you from personal experience from the various disciplinary councils I have witnessed (3) and those I have paid attention to in the last 24 months (countless) during this witch hunt...the men leading this inquisition and most of the men sitting on those councils are focusing on the first set of reasons to go to church and could care less about the second set. I have witnessed honest, God-fearing people getting cast out of the faith they honored, sacrificed, spent their whole life sustaining all because they would not express fealty by kissing the ring of the "beloved prophet". 

It is stage 4 cancer that will consume the host. 

You can cry wolf and point at me, but I remain a harmless sheep. The real wolves have replaced the shepherds while the sheep sleep.
 
WAKE UP! PLEASE!

So I was ex-ed from the LDS church in March 2015.  [For me, it was April 2014.] I received a letter from my stake president encouraging me to repent and return to full faith and fellowship.  What sin should I repent for?

Should I repent for believing the Book of Mormon is true and abiding the teachings in the book?
Should I repent for believing the teachings of Joseph Smith?
Should I repent for believing that Christ is the author and finisher of my faith and to seek Him and His face is the premier goal of this life?
Should I repent for believing with all my heart the words which the Lord has revealed to me about me and for me?

What is this malignant sin which I should repent for? Please identify what I should repent for since you have stepped into the position to judge me. 

I know this guy who was brought before and judged unfairly by the council. Not only did they kick him out of the church, they had him nailed to a cross and run through with a spear. Are you suggesting that councils are right 100% of the time? Are you suggesting that this guy was not valiant in his testimony and therefore not worthy to stand with the "saints"? 

If so, I want no part of those "saints". 

I would rather be with that guy whose council killed him. I wanna be with that guy.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Will. This impassioned writing came about as a series of replies to people who were trying to denigrate me because I had been exed. I was simply trying to hold my ground as a believer in Christ and point to his humble experience as an example of what institutional bullying produces. I appreciate that you found value in it.

    Yes we met in Colorado on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl and Will,
    Thank you for choosing this topic.
    Here is my take from 3 Nephi 14:
    12. Therefore, all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

    We hear that verse quoted often enough, but we almost never go on with the next verses, which read as follows:

    13. Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, which leadeth to destruction, and many there be who go in thereat;
    14. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    15. Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

    Do you recognize the Doctrine of Christ? Do you recognize the Savior was teaching the Higher Law WHICH IS REQUIRED OF THOSE WHO WILL ENTER ZION? Do you understand the path, referred to throughout scripture as "strait and narrow"? Do you understand that false prophet are indeed ravening wolves disguised in sheep's clothing who not only do not enter in themselves, but seek to prevent those who are entering in from doing so?
    Be not distressed brethren, but only follow the Good Shepherd.
    James Russell Uhl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, James, for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Will & Daryl
    Thank you. When you see it written out, it actually looks ludicrous. Loyalties have certainly been twisted around.

    In our ward, the monthly newsletter was given to me when the Deacon's came by for my Fast Offerings. There was an article by our Bishop, whom I actually like.

    However, the message was 90% Brethren focused with a small scripture that mention Christ. It was so blatantly upside down, and I'm sure our Bishop cannot see it. The long-term psychological programing from the top has worked on most of the Saints.

    We are living in most interesting times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Will,
    I was trying to read your blog from beginning to end, but then school started and it got too busy. I hope you are doing well.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really only know one Sharon, the amazing nurse-lawyer-mother-wife-friend. Is this you?? ;o)

    ReplyDelete