Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Seeking Jesus

Documents like this (and its antecedent here) share many elements in common with Denver Snuffer's teachings. These statements amount to pure testimony -- what one would expect of someone who had direct, personal interaction with Deity.

I do not require such testimonies to agree in every particular. I allow for the weaknesses, foibles and misunderstandings of men. (Lehi and Nephi related different versions of the same vision. So did Joseph Smith.) What I look for is testimony that concurs with my own experience and a witness that points to Jesus -- and only Jesus -- as the source for our salvation from sin and death. (I have found no other credible evidence or witness of salvation by any other means.)

If I could distill my experience with the Divine into one concept, it would be that Jesus Christ is the Light and the Love of the world. He is the ONLY way to the Father, meaning only those who are even as He is can attain to what He has attained. He and the Father are one.

This sobering realization causes me to seek repentance -- and Jesus -- continually.

11 comments:

  1. The links didn't work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they work thank you!

      Delete
    2. Just kidding, the second link in parenthesis still didnt work. I just finished reading the first link.

      Delete
  2. The second link didn't work for me either, is there any other information on David Whitmer or his testimony?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would someone do me a favor? Would you test the links above and tell me if they work? I have the documents on my personal computer, and they work for me, but I can't seem to get them to "open" for others...except maybe now. If one of you succeed on "getting in," would you let the rest of us know? (I see a greater metaphor here, but that was purely unintentional!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They work for me now too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading the radio interview right now and it is fascinating! May I ask where you found these documents?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were shared with me as part of a "Denver Snuffer Readers" group, to which I apparently belong. (So much of the focus there is NOT on Christ, it disturbs me. Denver Snuffer does NOT participate in the group either, but that's beside the point.)

    We have SO MUCH to do -- and ALL of that involves REPENTANCE. When MORE than repentance is required, the Lord will let us know PERSONALLY. Until then, we only have FAITH IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST and REPENTANCE to worry about. Nothing else matters.

    ReplyDelete