Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Mormon Box

I loved this bit of wise counsel from The Mormon Box, a blog I just read for the first time today. It is so filled with wisdom, so in agreement with my own views and situation, that I wish I had written it myself (or, more importantly) that those who presided over my exodus from the LDS Church had read it and taken it to heart before they endeavored to kick me out. (I'd like to think I would have stood a chance!)

By merely reflecting on the temple recommend interview questions, the author exposes the underlying inconsistencies, paradoxes and apostasy evident in Mormonism today, in a very different way than others have done. I highly recommend this quick read.

2 comments:

  1. By the way, I DISAGREE with the author's views about Joseph Smith being a liar regarding the practice of polygamy. I don't believe that Joseph had carnal relations outside of legal and lawful marriage. I don't think he had sex with anyone but Emma. The "marriages" he entered into were, principally, for the hereafter. Show me where I am mistaken, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWIW, Spencer W. Kimball and Elder Dallin H. Oaks disagree that the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has and is authorized to use all priesthood keys. They both affirm there are priesthood keys the Church doesn't have. The answer to the keys question is therefore "no."

    See here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/the-keys-and-authority-of-the-priesthood?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete